Thursday, April 25, 2013

Giants First Round Pick

And the Giants Select...


JUSTIN PUGH!!!

Well here is your Giants 2013 first round draft pick. Offensive lineman from Syracuse. 6-5 307 pounds. 34 starts at Syracuse, mostly at LT. Biggest hit on him is his arms. They measure at 31.5 inches, which is t-rex like in the NFL. "Good" thing is, in 2012, he allowed only a half sack and one other hurry of his quarterback. Now Syracuse was not playing NFL type defensive ends/tackles, so that means little to me really. 

Jerry Reese on Pugh: "He was the highest guy on our board. You guys think I'm joking when I say that, but he was the highest guy on our board." 

...

"Pugh can play every position on line," Reese said. Can he be opening day starter? "We'll see. I think it's going to be a lot of competition."

The guy doesn't even have a set offensive line position. Where is he going to play? Over Boothe at LG?  Snee at RG? Or be Diehl's replacement at RT? Center? WHO KNOWS! I would be so much more comfortable with a stud at one of them instead of a second round grade player at some of them. 

 Here's what I think. Jerry Reese sits in his office, and is like, "hey who can we draft that NO ONE thinks we will draft? Oh Justin Pugh? Alright lets take him, shock the world again!" I am furious with this pick. The needs on the defensive side of the ball are TREMENDOUS. A linebacker? Pick Ogletree. A corner? Pick Rhodes, or even Trufant. A safety? Matt Elam. Defensive End? Bjoern Werner. 

By the way, if he turns out to be some pro bowl type offensive lineman and Reese proves me wrong, then that would be absolutely amazing, we do need the O line help and youth. 

I am not even gonna guess what Reese is going to do tomorrow. What I do know is that the Giants better go defense, and NOT TE'O. Here's whats left that I would like to see happen tomorrow, pretty much in order: 

CB Tyrann Mathieu (this pick may make up for my anger in the first round) 
OLB Arthur Brown (pick I would be very excited about) 
ILB Kevin Minter (another pick I would be very excited about)
CB Darius Slay (worried about torn meniscus in knee that "does not need surgery") 
DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine (tore his ACL on November 24th last season) 



No comments:

Post a Comment