Friday, September 1, 2017

My Final Roster Projection

Giants Roster Projection: Post Pre-Season Game 4

(Don't bother reading the above pic, it's old)

Here's what I'll do. What I had on August 10th, I'll put in red, new is blue.


QB: 
Stay: Eli, GENO, Webb
Out: Johnson

QB: 
Stay: Eli, GENO, Webb
Out: Johnson

Geno went out and proved he could sling it and command the offense. He's talented but tends to throw the stupid picks. Game 4 he showed promise, and good decision making eating the ball and taking the sack close to the goal line instead of forcing it. I could see them trying to trade Johnson. 

RB: 
Stay: Perkins, Darkwa, Vereen, Gallman 
Out: Draughn, Abdullah

RB: 
Stay: Perkins, Darkwa, Vereen, Gallman 
Out: Draughn, Abdullah

Game 4, Vereen went out and showed why he will be important in this offense. Darkwa went out and ran wild. Now it's up for the coaches to figure out who gets what touches between Perkins and Darkwa. I feel a lot of "went with the hot hand" during post game pressers. Also, don't be shocked if Gallman gets reps if Perkins starts to struggle for whatever reason. #FreeDarkwa

WR: 
Stay: Odell, Shep, Marshall, Harris, Powe, King
Out: Rudolph, Lewis Jr., Lane, Snead, Johnson, Norwood

WR: 
Stay: Odell, Shep, Marshall, Rudolph, Lewis Jr., King
Out: Harris, Lane, Germany, Severin, Eagan, Bundy

There's been some late additions, they won't make it. Powe got hurt and was released after IR settlement. King hasn't done anything all preseason and has ankle issues but I think he could go short term IR, so that means he needs to be on 53.. BIG move will be Harris getting axed. I don't think the Giants should risk Rudolph on the practice squad. Guy made too many plays and looks to be a great downfield blocker. Oh and McAdoo trusts him returning punts. So there's that. Keep Lewis Jr. as a gunner and WR depth. 

TE: 
Stay: Ellison, Engram, LaCosse
Out: Tye, Adams

TE: 
Stay: Ellison, Engram, LaCosse
Out: Tye, Adams

LaCosse has had 2 straight good camps and really showed what he is capable of last night. Tye fumbled early but made some plays later on. However, it was LaCosse with the two TDs and multiple catches on that last game winning drive. Where has Jerell Adams been? I'd like to see snap counts because I've barely heard his name. A 6th round pick from last year should not be a lock to make the team. Period.

FB:
Stay: Smith
Out: Huesman

FB:
Stay: Smith
Out: Huesman

If you're not on board with a real fullback, I don't know what to tell you. Darkwa averaged 6.7 yards per carry in game 4 with Smith in the game most of the time. Darkwa wants Smith there, I want Smith there, you should want Smith there. No hybrid TE/FB nonsense. Smash mouth punishing fullbacks. Football. 

OL:
Stay: LT Flowers (sorry), LG Pugh, C Richburg, RG Jerry, RT Hart, G/T Fluker, T Wheeler,  T Bisnowaty, C Jones.
Out: The rest. 

OL:
Stay: LT Flowers, LG Pugh, C Richburg, RG Jerry, RT Hart, G/T Fluker, T Wheeler, C Jones.
Out: The rest. 

Bisnowaty got beat too many times this preseason. He gets axed and hopefully stashed on PS. Wheeler looked decent and I don't think you take the risk. Reese & Co traded up for Bisnowaty in the 6th round too. So that's funny. Fluker has looked real nice in pass pro, and had a mishap last night in the run game. Other than that, he's good to go. Jones is a versatile guy, got some 1st team RG reps. He's the backup center. I still think Fluker comes in to start at some point this season at RG. #FlukerTakeover

DE:
Stay: OV, JPP, Okwara, Taylor, Moss
Out: Owa, Williams, Wynn, Schwan


DE:
Stay: OV, JPP, Okwara, Taylor, Moss, Wynn
Out: Owa, Williams, Schwan

Owa, like I said August 10th, will go down as a 3rd round bust. He's suspended and off the team already. Wynn came out and performed like he always does in preseason. Had a pick-6 last night. I think he makes it. Taylor is one I'm not sure of. pass rusher, had him dropping in coverage some, had a pick. I think he's versatile enough to stay. Okwara with LB work as well, might as well keep DEs to help spell OV and JPP. Williams could have coaches thinking too. Can play in and outside but I think he goes PS.

DT:
Stay: Snacks, Bromley, Thomas, Tomlinson
Out: Banks, Bryant.

DT:
Stay: Snacks, Bromley, Thomas, Tomlinson
Out: Banks, Bryant.

Same here as August 10th. Bromley knee and you definitely need the DT depth. 4 sounds good. Tomlinson should start the season off next to Snacks and stay there. 

LB: 
Stay: Kennard, Goodson, Casillas, Herzlich, Robinson, Munson
Out: Grant, Skinner, Thomas III, Maponga

Stay: Kennard, Goodson, Casillas, Munson, Thomas III
Out: Grant, Skinner, Maponga, Herzlich, Robinson

Big moves here. Herzlich could go to IR with a "stinger" and Robinson has the concussion issues. I think both have a big shot to land on season ending IR. Munson came out and played like I thought he could. JT Thomas was a huge surprise for me. I thought the knee would definitely limit him, and I wasn't even sure he'd make it on the field. But there he was. Great game 4 too. Skinner had a sack opportunity last night that he missed. And that's not good. 

DB: 
Stay: Jenkins, DRC, Apple, Deayon, Collins, Thompson, Adams, Berhe, Pinkins 
Out: Hunter, Blake, Tribune, Ihenacho, Murphy, Robinson, Amos, Thompson (gone already)


DB: 
Stay: Jenkins, DRC, Apple, Deayon, Hunter, Collins, Thompson, Adams, Berhe, Pinkins 
Out: Blake, Tribune, Ihenacho, Murphy, Robinson, Amos, Thompson (gone already)

Blake left the team for whatever reason, didn't have him making it anyway. Apple lack of health has me concerned and in need of another outside corner (yes I know they usually keep 5) so Hunter gets it even though he has been in concussion protocol. Deayon needs to be the backup in the slot. Outside height scares me. 

I'm a HUGE Berhe guy. I'm not too sure what I am seeing in his game lately. Missed tackles are not his thing, but I've seen a couple. Is making sure to use the right (safe) technique getting in his way? I'm not sure. I still think he makes it because of depth. Pinkins will be a stud on specials. 

Kicker: 
Stay: Rosas
Out: Nugent

Kicker: 
Stay: Rosas
Out: Nugent

Both did everything the Giants could ask for, but Rosas sealed the deal with a game ending 48 yard bomb in game 4. 

Punter: 
Wing


Punter: 
Wing

Obviously. 

Long Snapper: 
DeOssie

Long Snapper: 
DeOssie

This guy is funny, talking smack late in preseason game 4 after a hit on punt coverage.  

Once cuts come from other teams, guys can get cut, no question. Keep that in mind please.

There you go. My 53. Now tear me apart on twitter: @realtlkfb ... should be a fun conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment